Sunrooms are glass and screen enclosures added to a home to create a unique indoor space with an outdoor feel. They are also known by other names such as a sun porch, porch enclosure, glass enclosure, solarium or Florida room.
Wide open spaces and plenty of sunlight throughout the year make Northern VA the ideal location to build your sunroom addition. Sunrooms add value to your home and create a serine oasis that provides warmth, and relaxation. Almost any covered space in the house can be turned into a sunroom including an existing porch or covered patio.
Benefits of a Northern VA Sunroom Addition:
- Enjoyment: A sunroom addition gives you an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors inside. Regardless of the weather outside, you can enjoy the sunlight inside. Added bonus? No insects or mosquitoes to deal with and your flowers get plenty of sunlight!
- Extra Square footage: Adding this room to your house will also give you extra space to entertain. In addition to a new room, the value of your house will also increase with this investment.
- Saving Money: Sunroom additions in Northern VA can also help with significant energy savings in comparison to a regular room addition. If the proper materials are used, it can save energy because it captures the warmth of the sun and allows you to use natural light instead of electricity.
- Health: According to studies, three-quarters of U.S. teens and adults are deficient in vitamin D, which you get from the sunlight. Having a Northern VA sunroom addition can give you a great place to relish in the sunlight. It can also help with issues such as seasonal effective disorder, which is a type of depression that’s related to changes in seasons.
- Desirability: If you ever decide to move and sell your home in Northern VA, this sunroom will be a luxury feature that attracts buyers.
- Utility: This room can be used for many different things such as a home office, a breakfast room, a recreational room or children’s play room.
Northern VA Sunroom Additions – Perfect for entertainment, relaxation, and enjoyment.
Renovating or adding an addition to your home can be an overwhelming process. With so many types and styles to choose from, designing your Northern VA sunroom can be overwhelming. To make this process easier and you are ready to get started, contact Oak Hill Building & Remodeling today to learn more.
Oak Hill Building & Remodeling has been a leading provider of construction services since it opened in 1978. We specialize in residential remodeling and custom home building throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC.